The BGP protocol, founder of the Internet, is necessary to interconnect to an IXP. Rezopole is offering two days of training in Paris on June 11 and 12 to provide you with the basics of BGP routing and guide you towards autonomy.
Combining theoretical courses and practical work, this workshop allows you to gradually and completely approach the different aspects of BGP such as peering and the use of Route Server. From the 1st day, you set up your first session.
You will also discover how the protocol works and how to configure it on different devices such as Bird, Cisco, Quagga and the techniques to announce and filter networks in both IPv4 and IPv6.
You will be able to manage and control your Public IP network. You will gain in reliability, independence and reactivity towards transit suppliers.
Price: 1200 € HT/participant for 2 days (lunches included).
This training may be covered by your OPCA (Rezopole activity number: 84691581469).
Adress : Centre de formations ATK CONSEILS, 2 rue Catulle Mendes, 75017, Paris.
- IP / AS Routing reminder
- BGP protocol in details
- Difference IGP / EGP
- Worklab introduction (frr)
- First BGP sessions, Full-Table
- Multiple peering-sessions
- Filtering: Prefix-list and Route-map
- Annonces, filtering and network loop debugging
- Diagnostic tools
- Filtering: AS-PATH and Route-map
- The BGP communities
- Example of use for LyonIX
- Traffic shaping: AS-PATH prepend and disaggregation
- Fine BGP tuning: Fast convergence and Sub-optimal
- PATHs detection / Packet loss
- Public-DB declarations : RIPE / RPSL / RPKI / Peering DB Registration contact
- Routers configuration best current practices
Registration closes on June 7th, 2019.
Download BGP presentation